Applications are invited from qualified candidates who wish to apply for the Federal Teachers Scheme (FTS) for the year 2020/2021 service period.
The Federal Teachers’ Scheme (FTS) is a two-year intervention program organized by the Federal Government in 2006 to assist States in dealing with teacher shortage at the basic education level.
ELIGIBILITY: Only candidates who fulfill the following requirements below, can apply:
- Must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Education or r Bachelor’s degree with Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), of not lower than Second Class (Lower Divis, io, FTS ) and not earned earlier than 2014.
- Must has completed or been exempted from the NYSC Scheme.
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE) with credit passes in Teaching Practice and the Teaching Subjects, and not earned earlier than 2014, with specialization in any of the following subjects:
Biology, Chemistry, and Physics
Computer Science or Information Technology
Physical and Health Education
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Not is currently employed or enrolled under the NYSC, N-Power, or any similar program.
- The service period is for two (2) years or as may be determined by the Universal Basic Education Commission.
The Federal Government shall pay each participant an allowance of N30,000.00 per month.
METHOD OF APPLICATION :
Application Form shall be completed online. Interested candidates who fulfill the above-listed eligibility criteria should visit ( https://fts.admissions.clouds ) to complete and submit their application Forms online.
Candidates will be required to upload their credentials (as listed on the site) together with their most recent passport photographs.
The application portal shall be open for two (2) weeks, from 10th – 24th September 2020. There will be no extension.
All inquiries relating to the online application should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and +2347036662931.
SCREENING TEST :
Shortlisted candidates will be required to sit for a Computer-Based Test as scheduled below:
Date: Saturday, 10th October 2020
Venue: At designated CBT Centres in each State Capital (Information on this will be provided by the State Universal Basic Education Boards (SUBEBs) and UBEC Zonal and State Offices).
Time: 9.00 am
Inquiries about the Scheme should be directed to 08033109307, 08033364779, and 08036014258.