Speaking about how he met his wife and how life has changed since getting married, Lateef Adedimeji said:
Life has been quite interesting. For me, things are not different because I married my best friend. We met on a movie set; it was just both of us getting together and working. And at a point, we discovered that people appreciated and loved seeing us working together. So, it just happened. [What has changed after marriage is] maybe the way I work. Before now, I used to go from one location to another. Right now, I had to slow down a little because I also have to relax with my wife before taking on another job.
Speaking about 5 things he and his wife do to safeguard their marriage, Lateef Adedimeji said:
What is important is that, there must be a clear understanding between the couples.
- Learn to be friends and be open to each other. No one should feel more superior to the other. See yourselves as one, and tell yourselves everything.
- You will definitely fight and argue. Of course, that’s certain but be sure that after the argument, both of you reach a conclusion.
- Solve your problems indoor; everything should not be put on social media. Keep a low life.
- Be open with your spouse. My wife and I both write all the things we want and do not want, exchange them, read them out to each other, and make sure that we keep to them.
- A woman is not a slave to her husband, and she wasn’t given to you as a housemaid.
Speaking about domestic violence in relationships, Lateef Adedimeji said:
Why would you beat up your fellow human in the first place, over what? Whatever it is, once you know you cannot control your anger, and it’s getting to you raising your hand, the best thing is to just walk away and come back when you are calmer. But if you feel the situation keeps getting uncontrollable, then both parties can go their separate ways. Marriage is not something to die for.
Finally speaking about divorce, Lateef Adedimeji said:
Whatever is becoming a threat to your life, if it’s your peace of mind or mental health, then there is no need to be together.